Followers

Sunday 10 March 2013

A Mother's Day Gift.....

Hi, I hope you're all enjoying your weekend and managing to get some crafting time.  I've been playing with the Ice Resin again (I warn you, this is addictive stuff, lol), and made a few more things.  a couple of which I'd like to share with you.

As it's my daughter's first Mother's Day, I wanted to give her something a little bit special and unique, as I'm so very proud of her - she's an absolutely brilliant mum.  I have to try and get Ethan to carry this down the stairs in a little gift bag without eating it, lol!  It's still very basic as Ice Resin is still new to me, but I really like how it's turned out (and hope Hannah does as well!).

With a pendant blank and a ring blank, I used some left over scraps of french collage style DP, which I coated with modge podge first, then put them in the base of the bezels.  I added a little resin, and then the rose charms which I had added a little green patina gilding paste to the edges previously.  I then added the rest of the resin.


The chain that the pendant hangs from was part of a multi strand necklace which someone gave me to reuse, there was about 6 in all, so definitely a few more to come!  I just added a lobster clasp and a couple of jump rings to it.

I would like to link this gift up to the Friday Ice Linky Party, over at the Vintiquities Workshop (link directly below):

Don't forget, the Craft-Room Challenge's current theme, "From Me To You", is all about gift giving, so why not head over and have a look!

Have a wonderful Sunday.

Maria xxxxx

11 comments:

Elena V. said...

I love it! it's so cute!

Jean said...

These are lovely Maria I am sure your daughter will love them.I have never used ice resin but did have a go with something similar at a class some years ago. I think I still have some of the product stashed away but it came from Brazil and has no English instructions and I can't remember what the proportions are for mixing it. Anyway Your pieces are lovely and I love the rose embellishments.
Jean x

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Your resin charms came out beautifully,Maria.I'm sure your daughter will love them
Have a lovely Sunday.
Hugs,
Marie

Thespoena McLaughlin said...

What a beautiful set! Love it! Thanks for linking up.

chriscesar said...

Hi Maria, these jewels are stunning!
Resin work seems difficult and you manage so well with this new crafting.
Your daughter will surely love this set!
Hugs
Chris

Vicky Hayes said...

What a lovely tribute to your daughter Maria. She must have been over the moon to receive these beautiful pieces - and I'm sure Ethan carried them beautifully! I love the way you've photographed them too - just so elegant. Vicky x

lilisgems said...

These are lovely and such a wonderful gift.

hazel said...

These are beautiful Maria and such a lovely gift.
xxx Hazel.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Maria ! I have an unopened box of this stuff sitting in my craft room you have inspired me to get it out ! what beautiful pieces of jewelery and how thoughtful of you to give them to your beautiful daughter for her first mothers days. I'm sure she will treasure them always.

Marie

craftingwithmabel said...

Oh Maria, I'm sure Hannah was delighted with your beautiful work. How lucky she is to have such a thoughtful and talented mum....hope you had a lovely Mothers Day together x

Anonymous said...

This is such a special gift that Hannah will treasure for her lifetime. Such wearable pieces and the Ice Resin is perfect, such beautifum doming.
What a beautiful surprise for Hannah when little Ethan handed them over to her.
Wishes
Lynne