Followers

Tuesday 10 January 2012

Clean & Simple - Craft-Room DT Project

Hi, it's time again for another Craft-Room Challenge, and what a fantastic response we had over the holiday period!  It was lovely to see so many join in.  The next challenge has been chosen by the wonderfully talented Esther, who has picked the theme of "Clean and Simple".  The usual rules apply, with a £10 voucher to spend in the Craft-Room Online Shop going to one lucky random winner, and don't forget, Craft-Room also have a sale on at the moment (until 13th January) - there's a whopping 25% off your order at checkout, and that includes everything in the shop!  

Now I don't generally do Clean and Simple very often (apart from a few cards at Xmas), so it was a bit of a challenge for me!  I decided to make a card (for a change!):
The inks used were Jenny Bowlin Chicken Feed and Cough Syrup, and the stamps are Personal Impressions.  I masked the white card blank top and bottom, leaving just a horizontal band showing.  I then coloured this area with Chicken Feed then added the Cough Syrup from the bottom, to about halfway up the band.  Once dry, I stamped the toadstools first, then stamped the fairy, positioning her so that she was perched on the top.  I added some stamped fairy dust (Lavinia Stamps), so it looked as if she was blowing it from her hand, which I went over with a Quickie Glue pen then added a little Jones Tones Glitter for sparkle.

If you need some inspiration, pop over and have a look at what the rest of the DT have made!

As Natasha's card challenge (Jan 4th) over at Get Creative is also "Clean and Simple", I'd like to enter my card into it.  I'd also like to enter the 2 Sisters Challenge, who have a theme of Things With Wings.

I hope you like it, and good luck - I look forward to seeing your creations!

Maria x

13 comments:

Debi said...

stunning maria ! I love the composition and the colours, debi x

Irini said...

Maria your card is magical...I am so glad the card was a challenge for you...you did a fabulous job!
Thanks for playing with us at Get Creative
hugz
irini

Zoechaos said...

Magical card the stamps are lovely and the colours pop but what names they have! XOXO Zoe

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi Maria, I agree with Zoe what names they have !!! Fabulous card and so beautifully stamped and masked, you have created a beautiful scene for us. So lovely to see you again at Get Creative and I wish you good luck with the challenge.

Marie

eudokia said...

lovely card!!!thank you so much for joining us at gc!

Rena said...

Καταπληκτική η κάρτα σου!
Καλώς σε βρήκα!

Mervi said...

hi Maria, gorgeous stamp, beautiful card;-))m

EFI said...

Maria your card is wonderful! Thank you so much for playing with us at Get Creative and good luck with the challenge!

Esther said...

Gorgeous colours with such a stunning image - perfect stamping I thought the fairy on the toadstool was all one stamp !! Esther xx

Channa said...

I really love your card, such a nice stamp. Great work, thanks for playing along with get creative. Channa

craft-roomjulia said...

Another stunning card by Maria! You have put the Jenni Bowlin inks to great use, I love it. Julia xx

Unknown said...

What an amazing card, I love how you have used the stamps to creative the scene, especially the way the fairy sits on the toadstools and how she "blows" the fairy dust!

Thank you for joining us at Get Creative!

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really lovely card, pretty image and the sentiment is fantastic
Lindsay xx