Followers

Sunday 18 December 2011

Merry Xmas to the Bump?

Hi, I've finally managed to make something!  My daughter has been quite poorly over the last couple of weeks (but is tons better now) so not had chance to make or post anything apart from my DT card, which thankfully I'd made quite early.

A couple of weeks ago I was asked for two Xmas cards for "the bump"!  It's definitely a first for me, making a card for an unborn baby!  Anyway, the only suitable image I could think of was a digi I bought a while ago from Funky Kits.  Here are the cards I made:



As I'm running waaaaayyyy behind now, they had to be quite simple.  I used some backing paper from the TH seasonal paper stack, and stamped some script onto it (Andy Skinner - Simply Angelic).  I then used some of the images from the paper stack (music etc).  After printing the digi, I went over it in Old Paper DI, then around the edges with Frayed Burlap.  I coloured the hat with a little Festive Berries DI, went over the colour with a clear Spica pen, then added some Ivory Flowersoft for the bobbles on the hat.  Sentiments printed on my pc, and some raffia to finish..  Done!

I would like to enter my "Bump" cards into the following challenges:-

Gingerloft Challenge - Christmas
2 Sisters Challenge Blog - Kids Christmas (will this count?)
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Anything Goes for Christmas
Mark's Finest Papers - Make a Christmas Card
Raise The Bar - It's beginning to look at lot like Christmas
Stampin' for the Weekend - Christmas!!!
The Pretty Little Ribbon Shop - Christmas with a Bow
Crafts and Me - Christmas
The Sisterhood of Crafters - Christmas

Hope you like it!

Maria x

7 comments:

Barbara Colbert said...

What a sweet image! Thanks for sharing with Mark's Speedy the Cat's Challenge! Happy Holidays!

Hazel said...

It was indeed a different request, but you came up trumps with the cards - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 51 - hope to see you again soon. x

Darlene said...

Precious! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘CHRISTMAS’ challenge and please come back again soon!

Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Sarah said...

Well done on managing to make a card for such a tricky request!

Thanks for joining us at the Pretty Little ribbon Shop challenge,
Sarah x

Mina said...

beautoful Maria and perfect 'bump' cards...your coloured this SN adorables image perfectly...thanks for joining in with the Crafts and Me challenge and I wish you and your loved ones a fantastic Christmas
Mina xxx

Nikki Byrne said...

Gorgeous!!! thank you for joining us at Gingerloft for our Christmas challenge. Good luck and Merry Christmas, Hugs

NIKKI DT

TannyP said...

You sure did a beautiful job on this! Thanks for joining in the fun and playing along with the Sisterhood of Crafters Christmas Challenge!