Followers

Sunday 18 September 2011

Wall Hanging

Hi, I thought I'd show you another little wall hanging I made for someone's birthday:

I've used an 8 x 8 canvas board for this, and coloured it with Walnut Ink Crystals dissolved in warm water.  I've added a touch of Weathered Wood DI here and there, and stamped some Crafty Individuals flourishes directly onto the board using Timber Brown Stazon.  The dress image is by Stamps Happen and is coloured with Tattered Rose neat re-inker - I've stamped it onto a piece of mountboard which has been coloured with Distress Inks.  The lacy roses are from Craft-Room - these come as white, but I've dyed them with the re-inker.  The birdcage is also stamped on mountboard, which has been coloured with inks, and a little dangly trim added.  The bird in the heart was a freebie from Craft Stamper magazine, and I've added some tissue tape round the edges, a handmade flower made from dyed lace, some wooden mini knobs (think these are for a dolls house, lol), and a TH ticket.

As well as linking this to the Shabby Chic Girls Club, I'd like to enter it into the following challenges:

Anything Goes Challenge - Vintage/Shabby Chic
Shopping Our Stash - Vintage/Distressed/Shabby Chic
Paper Creations Ink - Vintage or Distressed

I hope you like it.

Maria x

15 comments:

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh WOW, Maria, this is so fabulously Shabby Chic--and I'm so HAPPY you joined the party!!!
XO
Cindy

Mervi said...

Hi Maria, yes this is gorgeous;-))m

Zoechaos said...

Very Beautiful wall hanging just Stunning XOXO Zoe

Debbie said...

Gorgeous art project! Love all your details! Fabulous! Love it!

June Houck said...

Maria, your card is absolutely elegant and lovely! I am so glad you joined us at Shopping Our Stash this week :)

Jean said...

A beautiful Shabby Chic wall hanging, I love it. Jean x

Pat said...

O my goodness what a beautiful creation. This is going to look wonderful in anyone's home. Thank you for joining us at Paper Creations Ink - Pat

Simply Debbie said...

Dear Maria,
Somebody is going to be delighted with their gorgeous birthday gift.
I am having a give away on Sunday for the tag I made. I have never tried stamping but your collage makes me want to....I think we kinda like the same things.
I will be back to visit.
Have a Sugar Sweet Day
Simply Debbie

Crystal said...

Wow, so pretty! I love the pink rose trim it's gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at SOS this week :)

hazel said...

This is a stunning piece Maria, I love everything about it.
xxx Hazel.

Deena said...

this is spectacular...who ever receives it will be thrilled, I am sure! Thanks for joining in at Shopping our Stash this week!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

I do like it! It is gorgeous, so beautifully created!!

Kathryn said...

Just lovely, I am sure that was well received! Lovely muted colours. Thanks for joining in with us at Anything Goes K x

Anonymous said...

Hi
Adore this hanging!!!
Wishes
Lynne

2amscrapper said...

Stopping by from Cindy's Oh La La Link Party. This is gorgeous!